Matagami to Chisasibi

General discussion about the James Bay Road and region. Share your experiences and travel tips. Ask questions.

Moderator: admin

Matagami to Chisasibi

Postby Canadian FJR » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 pm

I plan to run from Matagami to Chisasibi to see James Bay and then back to Radisson. Is this plan a little too ambitious? What time is sun set in that part of the world - July 20th. Any info would be appreciated.

Canadian FJR
Canadian FJR

Re: Matagami to Chisasibi

Postby njam101 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:50 am

I'll have to look up sunrise and sunset times. But my first question: Do you like blackflies and mosquitoes?
njam101

Postby Canadian FJR » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Oh yes, I want the full Northern experience. :D

Canadian FJR
Canadian FJR

Postby Willys » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:26 pm

I was talking to a guy who went up last year in the first week of Aug. ..he said the temps got to a heat stroke high of 3 degrees celcius!!! Plus he got rained on for half of the time up there! I was planning on going up in early June but was talked into the second week in Aug. ...thank goodness! I can't imagine what temps it would be like in June....good luck on the temps in July..hope they are warmer this year than last! I think he said it was light untill 10:30pm if I remember correctly in Aug...? Hope this helps.

It's going to be a great adventure no matter when you go..I can't wait!
Willys

Postby Canadian FJR » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks.......................I think :o

Canadian FJR
Canadian FJR

Postby njam101 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:29 am

By the second week of August the days are getting quite a bit shorter but that shouldn't stop you from going. Sunrise will be about 5:45am and sunset 8:45pm. It will still be fairly bright half an hour before sunrise then half an hour after sunset.

Expect rain for sure. But you never know, you might be lucky and get hot and dry weather. The bugs will drive you mad but if you're on a motorbike at least they won't be a problem while you're driving.
njam101

Return to General Discussion