Hi all, i have some questions

General discussion about the James Bay Road and region. Share your experiences and travel tips. Ask questions.

Moderator: admin

Hi all, i have some questions

Postby Noself » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi every one,

First of all, sorry for my horrible english, iam from Québec city :lol:

I learn the existence of trans-taiga road by accident, by looking some articles about north of quebec in wikipedia. This road fascinate me and iam planning to go on trans taiga with friends during may. But i have some question to ask to you before.

-What is the "quality" of the trans taiga road during may? Does the snow melting can heavily damage the roads at the month of may, creating big waters holes and chinks? is the road is ok for Honda civic (or same kind of car) in good shape during may? Is there "ice" on the road during may making the driving dangerous?

-In may, is there a lot of black fly and mosquito? because iam allergic to theme... it will not kill me but it is very annoying. (thats why i prefer to go there during may, and not in summer)

-Is the trans taiga is a public road? do we have to call hydro Quebec to travel there or everyone can go there for tourism?

Sorry again for my bad english, i hope you will understand all my questions. :)
Noself

Re: Hi all, i have some questions

Postby Noself » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Sorry for the double post but.... anyone can help me? admin?
Noself

Postby Willys » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:09 am

I also wanted to miss the bugs, so I had originally planned an early June ride. I called the outfitters on the road and they said to me that there will be ice and very cold temps at that time...too cold for motorcycles. They said that there may even be ice on the lakes still too. So..I have planned to suffer the few bugs or lesser bugs and go in Aug instead. Better to have warmer weather and a few bites....DEET is your friend. If you google earth the road you can see the outfitters along the road and see where they are in relation to how far you want to travel...get their name and number and call them. Check the James Bay Road site for that info too.....not sure where I found it ...sorry but I haven't got it any more....Have fun in your travels.
Willys

Postby Bonk » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:54 am

Your English is fine. :)

I've heard great things about Quebec City -- I want to visit there in the next couple of years.

If you're trying to avoid black flies and mosquitos, you should go later in the year. Perhaps August or September. June's about the worst time to go for the black flies.
"What's the 'C' stand for - selfish?' - unidentified NHL player during a scrap
Bonk

Postby Noself » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Thank for your answers. My friends plan to go there during the first week of june... i will call the outfitters in transtaiga... if they said like you, i will report the trip to the end of august.
Noself

Postby njam101 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:36 am

Bienvenue Noself,

Tu peux poster tes questions en français aussi. Mon grammaire n'est pas tellement bon mais je pense que je puisse repondre et te donner de l'information.

Je sais que les routes Baie-James et Trans-taiga sont ouvertes au public et elles sont sous l'administration de la municipalité de la Baie-James. J'ai pris seulement celle de la Baie-James.

À propos des maringouins et mouches-noirs: la saison avec eux commence au début de juin et se termine en septembre.
Mais la météo joue un role pour déterminer leurs abondance.
njam101

Return to General Discussion