Checking for activity

General discussion about the James Bay Road and region. Share your experiences and travel tips. Ask questions.

Moderator: admin

Checking for activity

Postby blacktruck » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:20 am

Hey all..
Been a member on here for awhile. Been a fan of the JBR and Trans Tiaga Road for a few years now. It's on my short list of places to leave a wheel track or two. Surely I cannot be the only person with this place on my mind. Or maybe I am. Anyway, just checking to see if anyone has any info or even old info they want to share about this route. Help a brother out here and feed my sense of adventure with some good info. Even bad info is okay if it's interesting.... :twisted:
Back in the saddle again of the Guzzi again after a few years overseas. Feels good too.
I hope all is well out there for the rest of you...
Stay safe there riders...
Ken
blacktruck

Re: Checking for activity

Postby Bonk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:28 am

Glad you made it back safely!

Nothing really to report and I haven't even checked in for a couple of months. The problem with this site is those of us who have gone, once we get back and we tell our stories there's not much else to say.

We're thinking about going back in four or five years. Are you thinking about going this year? I probably mentioned this but September worked out great for us. Too late for black flies, too early for snow (although we did get frost).
"What's the 'C' stand for - selfish?' - unidentified NHL player during a scrap
Bonk

Postby blacktruck » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Good to see a reply. Too bad I didn't get back sooner to answer it.
As much as I would like to, it won't be this year. Maybe next. Like too many people, gotta make the company a $$ or two so they keep me around for a bit longer. I would love to hear info on what to take or how to set the bike up for those long stretches between fuel stops. When is the optimum month to go there? Not sure if I'll take the Guzzi or a DS bike. Maybe even the old GW. Not looking to make a fast trip but more just to go there and see the place. I'm thinking a relaxing ride, at least in my mind I am.
Thanks for the reply.
Stay safe out there...
Ken
blacktruck

Postby blacktruck » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Another new year and I am wandering through just to see if anybody has been reading this. Truly sad to see the lack of interest in this area on one hand and happy to see the same on the other. Haven't made my trip yet but I will. The last few years of boing overseas and then back and off to another part of the US does take it's toll on personal goals to be sure. Being a bit of a workaholic doesn't help but does keep my busy. Sending a shout out to any that may find this place.. send a note to mark your trail..
Stay safe all..
Ken
blacktruck

Postby Bonk » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:24 am

Not speaking for others here, but like I mentioned in another thread, for those of us who have gone, there isn't much follow-up information to report.

Thus this has never been much of a gathering spot. That said, I'm eternally grateful to Walter for setting this site up. Without it, I would never have ventured up the JBR.

Any chance you'll get up there this year?
Bonk

Postby Canadian FJR » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Did this ride back in 2009, it was a blast. Thinking about doing it again this summer. I understand that Quebec Hydro owns this road but never got a clear answer - is it patrolled? Speeds seem to creep up when traveling in those remote ares.

Canadian FJR
Canadian FJR

Postby Bonk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Pretty sure there are no road cops, but the road polices itself to some degree. Triple diamonds definitely mean SLOW DOWN.
Bonk

Return to General Discussion