Trans Taiga Adventure

Discussion specifically about the Trans-Taiga Road. Share your experiences and tips. Ask questions.

Moderator: admin

Trans Taiga Adventure

Postby 14adventure » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:17 pm

Hello,

Looking to do a trip up this way with a couple of 4x4 vehicles.
Well versed in offroad and overland travel, but would like some more info on the rougher off-road tracks we could explore, I see on the Hydro Quebec map of the Rupert river project a trail that follows a hydro line connecting the North road to the Trans Taiga, estimate 3-400 Kms of off road travel!!!
Who could confirm if this is a viable route, would hate to get 2/3rds through and be forced to turn back because a lake was in the way!!
(Ask me hoe I know about that!!)
Also interested in the end of the Trans-Taiga road and see a road that leads south from Brisbay, has this been explored?

BTW these are properly equipped vehicles that will negotiate mostly anything as long as the wat doesn't get much higher than 3 feet.

Great site!!

Chris Johnston
http://www.landroveradventure.com
14adventure

North trail off the Trans-Taiga

Postby 762X39 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:17 am

It sounds like an interesting trip.
If the trail follows the hydro corridor it may have been used by hydro crews to maintain the hydro lines.
I am planning a trip up to James Bay in 2008. If I can work it out I would like to tackle the Trans-Taiga road as well.
Last edited by 762X39 on Sat May 20, 2006 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
John H
Director OF4WD
1970 Mercedes Unimog

I may be slow but I am big, green and ugly
762X39

Postby admin » Sun May 14, 2006 10:21 pm

If you see a road marked on those maps don't count on it being open to public travel. Some roads in the area are actually blocked with locked gates.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Trans-Taiga Road