Lake Goeland

General discussion about the James Bay Road and region. Share your experiences and travel tips. Ask questions.

Moderator: admin

Lake Goeland

Postby buckoeye » Sat May 03, 2008 10:31 pm

About ten years ago I fished Lake Goeland at a camp run by a man name Happy jack. Does anyone have any information on this camp or know about Lake Goeland. Ten years ago the walleye and pike fishing was fantasitc in early june and I would like to visit this lake again. Any information would be greatly appreciated? anyone else fish lake goeland Hopefully this is the correct spelling, I look forward to any response.
buckoeye

Re: Lake Goeland

Postby njam101 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:45 am

I'll try to research to find out what camp you went to. Just in case it helps, the french translation in Quebec for outfitter is "pourvoirie." Here is a link to the Québec Outfitters Federation http://www.fpq.com/en/

You did spell it correctly....Lac Goéland which translates as "Gull Lake."
njam101

Postby buckoeye » Sun May 04, 2008 7:58 am

Thanks for the reply, the accomadations were not glamorous. A TENT... which is fine.... HAve you fished this lake?
Do you have any recommendations where to stay if I want to go back and cannot find "happy Jack". He is of indian decent.

I would like to fish this lake again !
buckoeye

Postby jdmetzger » Mon May 05, 2008 8:34 am

I found "Lac Au Goeland" on google maps:

http://tinyurl.com/6feqh2

If you zoom in a bit, the James Bay Road will be shown on the map. From where the road stops on this map (which is about where Matagami is, I believe), it runs mostly east, passing between Lake Matagami and Lake Olga (through that small section where no water is shown on the map), then the JBR turns North. The map shows an additional road that runs off east and ends at Lake Goeland. I don't have any other information about the lake; maybe the James Bay tourist office can provide some additional information. It just about looks like you could get there on your own and set up a tent; assuming you have the necessary fishing license.
jdmetzger

Postby buckoeye » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Does anyone know about an indian on this lake named Happy JACK?
buckoeye

Return to General Discussion